Tank maintenance

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishman07

I AM THE FISH WHISPERER
Mar 12, 2007
Southwest, GA
:help: Hey, How do I keep Fish poo from my Blue Gouriami from getting to out of control, help please!!!!!!!!!

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
Is this in your 10 gallon tank? What kind of filter do you have?

Fishman07

I AM THE FISH WHISPERER
Mar 12, 2007
Southwest, GA
Yes it is in my 10 gallon tank, and by out of control, I mean that every time I move someting around in it, fish poop floats around everywhere. My filter is a 20-40 power filter( I know it's for 20 - 40gallon tanks but wal mart didn't have ten gallon filters in stock, aggravating!)

Fishman07

I AM THE FISH WHISPERER
Mar 12, 2007
Southwest, GA
Oh, I have a Blue Goriami, I have had him for around a year and a half. I had others but my mom didn't know about the chlorine intolerance that fish have, and poured in tap water and killed all but him, he is one tough cookie though. I have an algae eater, he is brown and dark greenish. I am going to try and get some pics of the tank for the thread. what about a gravel siphon, what do they do, or would that even work? Thanks yall soooooo much!!!

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
hope you don't have a pleco. if so, there's the cause of your poop issue.

gravel vac(siphon) x3.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
The filter really won't pick up poop from the bottom, unfortunately just regular vacuuming will do that.

jamie1972

AC Members
Aug 21, 2006
A siphon will suck out water and debris without removing your gravel. The gravel will suck up a little way into the tube, enough to dislodge the poop and uneaten food. It is VERY important to do this weekly or every other week. You can accomplish water changes and getting rid of poop at the same time. I would recommend buying a python. It attaches to the faucet on the sink. You can remove water, turn a valve, then replace it with clean water by using NO BUCKETS!

Your filter only gets debris that is floating around in the water. It does not remove poop or the harmful ammonia, etc. that build up everywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store