Tank mates for my Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Ha, I thought you had a 20 long in your first pic. Now I see, I'm not good at sideways...

I also see you have what looks like wisteria, a stem plant. It should get quite bushy & will need trimming every few weeks. The best way to do that is to take the top 6-8 inches of pretty new growth & replant them. Pull out & throw away the old "stumps". Your betta may enjoy lounging on the leaves, many do.

You should use a root tab fertilizer for your swords every 3 or 4 months, they're fairly heavy feeders. Even half a tab/plant will help in new sand. There are no nutrients there & 1 betta's poo won't be enough, even with corys or other small fish, you need more.

Reactions: Taylor Price

Taylor Price

AC Members
Nov 5, 2018
Ha, I thought you had a 20 long in your first pic. Now I see, I'm not good at sideways...

I also see you have what looks like wisteria, a stem plant. It should get quite bushy & will need trimming every few weeks. The best way to do that is to take the top 6-8 inches of pretty new growth & replant them. Pull out & throw away the old "stumps". Your betta may enjoy lounging on the leaves, many do.

You should use a root tab fertilizer for your swords every 3 or 4 months, they're fairly heavy feeders. Even half a tab/plant will help in new sand. There are no nutrients there & 1 betta's poo won't be enough, even with corys or other small fish, you need more.
Thank you, that’s really helpful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store