?Tanked?, a New TV Show for Aquarium Enthusiasts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I agree Fozzybear.. when I worked at a LFS we had signs everywhere saying do not touch/poke the tanks because it scares the fish and stresses them out, imagine what a skateboard does to them. Ugh!!!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
After reading this thread, I am glad I have never seen the show. I found a clip of the "jukebox" awesome tank but agree about the stocking. I think they should stick to making tanks and let people that care about fish figure the stocking.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
The show is annoying, but for some reason I still watch it. Totally overstocked tanks, and totally inappropriate setups. The only part I like is when they fly out to pick the fish. :) (cause I want to be them lol)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Here is a post from RC that explains things a little better:

Had a great trip and very little sleep at MACNA. My Wife Kelly and I met Brett Raymor from the show Tanked. He was there all weekend and was very excited what the show is doing by getting new people involved in the hobby. The first 6 episodes season 1 is going so well that Animal Planet signed them on for 13 shows for season 2. He let everyone know that he and his family had no control over the editing and that 45 hours of film go in to each episode and all tanks were cycled and fish were acclimated. They hope to have more input on how the next season is put together to better teach what is involved with setting up a system properly. He was a very nice guy and if you notice he has lost 27lbs in the last 1.5 years since the first show started shooting. I need to go on a diet!

Great show that my family enjoys to watch and my neighbors can understand some of my obsessions.

Still don't agree with how they stock tanks though.. they can give the best information in the world about proper setup, cycling, acclimation, but they need to put that information to good use when stocking these tanks.. and for the love of god, STOP PUTTING SHARKS IN SMALL TANKS! LOL.

LizSagara

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Yeah my I watched an eppisode and commented on how horribly stocked one of the tanks was (phone booth) and my grandmother's response was "You cant' say that. THey obviously know what they're doing or they wouldn't have a business or a show." Uhm... Petsmart does... walmarts does (about fish)...? They stay in business but don't know what they're doing.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
thats because the average customer doesn't know either...its a blind leading the blind scenario. We see it in dog training all the time...somebody has a business that says "dog trainer" and people listen to them regardless of the complete lack of training and correctness of the "trainer"

turtlelover79

AC Members
Sep 18, 2011
Pecos, NM
Hmmm, kind of a cop out answer IMO. Really, lure people in with an entertaining show and then rely on PetCo and Petsmart to educate people on proper care? I see people at PetCo walking out the door with new tank, filteration system (sometimes), gravel, plastic plants AND a couple bags with fish all in one purchase. I've prevented a couple of those sales when I could as people were starting to pick fish out for their new tank. I'm sure the sales people hate me, but I don't care.

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
yeah...uh...so...skateboard ramp.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and did anybody notice how dissapointed that guy was with the beer keg tank? I mean the guy was able to sex and identify many of his cichlids by sight off the top of his head...I think he'd probably notice that the tank is full of fake choral and footballs! ROFL...I mean i'm into cars and guns etc...but i don't fill my tank with them...i build my cars nice and keep them in the parking lot/garage, and i collect guns and take good care of them but i keep them all locked in the gun case...so this guy is into sports and they fill his tank with footballs? I like how the guys says "she put her wedding gift in our hands!" lol...and you guys messed it up...bad.
the girl said that he had fishtanks in college, so he was in my opinion, educated on the aquarium hobby. He probably was thinking to himself , "WTF is that ugly arse coral thing doing in the middle of that weird arse shaped tank?" and "Why did they overstock that tiny tank and put all male cichlids in my mancave? It's a mancave, not a male cichlid cave?!!" There were so many things wrong with that keg aquarium. I think he would have been happy with a 300 gallon rectangular tank representative of any of the African Rift Lakes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store