TBA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Why not put the larger pile on the left so it hides the overflow and the smaller on the right?
Tried that too. I have tried about 15 different setups now. :D

Your thinking about it too much just do it.. LOL
LOL Tell me about it! I like to get it right the first time because unlike SOME people I keep a few select species for many years. :p: Can't go into it all willy nilly now! :D I would have put the rocks INTO the tank today actually but I was really sick.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Ohhh... Pitt, are you gonna take that from her?

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
That's sad, reptiles are cool too though. I miss my mbuna too! It's funny how quickly you forget how frustrating the murderous things can be and just remember those big bodied beautiful colors! I think if I ever did mbuna again I would really want at least a 5ft tank, preferable 6ft.

Now that your 40B Tang tank is behind you how would you say it worked out with your stocking options vs. only 3ft length? Any tips, seeing as my tank has the same footprint?

How is the salty? Your SW tank was the final push for me to decide I wanted a SW tank, you made it seem so easy to have a beautiful successful tank!

The Tang tank went really well. Just tough to have a planted tank with shell dwellers. They went for blood every time I put my hands in the tank.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ohhh... Pitt, are you gonna take that from her?
lol I wish I could be more like Mike really!
The Tang tank went really well. Just tough to have a planted tank with shell dwellers. They went for blood every time I put my hands in the tank.
lol Yeah, I hear those occies are vicious! But they also hold their own well against the bigger guys that's why I am leaning towards them for the community tank.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
The occies were one of my favorites in the tank. They were the only ones that were out! I would show people my tank and it would look like nothing was in there lol. One thing about the occies, the males sometimes get in a habit of burring the females in the shells.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I had some brevis that did that once. I found her a month later when I stirred up the sand and out she swam.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Well that's not very nice of them! Did you ever end up with some solid dither fish, Ashley? I know you had something in there at one point but they ended up being just as shy. Since this tank is too short for cyps I was thinking maybe danios because they are small, active and when I had them (my 1st tank ever) they would stay within the top few inches of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store