The begining of a shellie tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Are you a member at either of those sites Blue?

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
If I got a group of Lamprologus (Altolamprologus compressiceps), Julies and 1 Gobie, could I add any of these? I really like the Cyprichromis leptosoma and the Calvus. If I got the Alto I wouldn't want the Calvus though cause they look too similar IMO.

Chalinochromis brichardi
Tropheus moorii
yellow calvus
Cyprichromis leptosoma
Psuedotropheus saulosi

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
You're already pushing the stocking limit for a 30 with 3 species. You might be able to swap out the julies for the C. brichardi.
Tropheus, not in a 30.
Cyprichromis need a 4' tank minimum, should really be larger.
Not a good idea to mix Tang's and Malawi mbuna, different dietary requirements.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok, I figured as much....but just in case thought I'd ask. ;)

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Wait, isn't the cyprichromis leptosoma a Tang? Still, I'm sure it can't be added :(

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Yes, cyps are a Tang but they are highly active and as todd said need a 4' tank minimum since they do best in larger groups like 8+ members. Not to mention they are pricey and have trouble shipping. They are a big investment...

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Yes, cyps are a Tang but they are highly active and as todd said need a 4' tank minimum since they do best in larger groups like 8+ members. Not to mention they are pricey and have trouble shipping. They are a big investment...
And to add to that trophs are a definite no no too as they need a large colony and lots of rock space. Best fit for a species set up IMO unless its a large tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store