THE most aggresive fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

edh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2009
"Chicagoland"
A snakehead is the meanest fish. I used to own one many years ago. They will eat anything you put in their tank and try to bite anyone who walks past. Mine used to hit his face on the glass so hard trying to bite someone that he would bleed. They are now illegal though and you probably wouldn't be able to get one.
I agree.

I was picking one up that jumped out of my tank and it bit my hand drawing blood. Another time cleaning the tank it got me on my bicep again drawing blood. The fish was only 4" long! It could eat 12 goldfish in less than 45 seconds and it never missed a fish it went for! They are quick and deliberate not spastic like a Piranha or clumsy like an Oscar.

SilverDollarMan

AC Members
Feb 11, 2009
How did you get rid of your snakehead? They are devastating to the environment. I hate to say it, but I hope you killed him.
some marine biologists came and picked him up, i couldnt euthanize him myself, I had him for 4 years and I couldnt bare to do it.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
some marine biologists came and picked him up, i couldnt euthanize him myself, I had him for 4 years and I couldnt bare to do it.
That Sucks! Sorry to hear it. I have a good feeling that it was in good hands and that you are not the type of person to release it into the wild.

Question: Would you have agreed to registering the fish and yearly inspections to assure that it was still in your possession? Just curious...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store