They spawned

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I dont think i will set up breeding for these guys on purpose in the future. But if another spawn happens again, then ill try again.
Why not? You didn't do anything wrong.
It would be interesting to see what the fry look like.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Why not? You didn't do anything wrong.
It would be interesting to see what the fry look like.
It would.
But, on the off chance the male IS a hybrid, it wouldn't be good to purposely breed them. I wont stop them from spawning on their own, but i wont set them up for it.

• Sad
Reactions: angelcraze

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Well, I am sorry Noodle. You worked very hard & I know you're disappointed. Better luck with your corys, they are easier. Fatten ups those girls & start a new thread of breeding success.
I cant say im not disappointed. I take some blame because i did move them and i think thats the cause for the major die off.

But, if i had left them with the small incubator box swinging temperatures by 10 degrees with our home temps rising and falling this spring, i could have still lost them that way too.

And then, if they were hybrid hybrid babies, they were weak regardless. Possibly. They stopped growing at 6 days old, comparing the photos of their growth. This right there shows something was up from the start.

It is what it is. Theres things ive learned with this, and it was really fascinating all the same.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
It would.
But, on the off chance the male IS a hybrid, it wouldn't be good to purposely breed them. I wont stop them from spawning on their own, but i wont set them up for it.
huh?
Ok. yeah. I can see that.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
If the male was a hybrid, yes the fry would be weak and unstable.

My condolences .

Reactions: the loach

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I'm very sorry the fry are gone :( But pls don't beat yourself up. I've had many spawn flops, I learn for the next one.

Better luck with the cories, they are def easier to raise then the itty bitty fry.
Have you breed corys?

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Me? Yes. Actually my friend gave me orange laser eggs that I hatched in one of my nursery tanks.
Really? I didn't know that. That was nice of them. Do you still have them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store