this makes me sad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
ive had it sense mid march ish its only about 5 inches across. im sure its grown a little sense i got him/ her i dont actualy know what it is

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
i would say thats full grown. if it is a male it probably wont live much longer. males only live about 3-5 years and thats about how long it takes for them to get that big. is there anywhere for it to hide in its tank?

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
i know that the couple that i had would always hide when they molt since they are so vulnerable at that time

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
yeah it makes sense. hes been realy active lately though, i moved him into a darker corner and he was loving it.

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
they are nocturnal. keep in mind that it may hide for a long time also. mine would seal its cave and not come out for a month at a time

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
mine was usualy pretty active and pretty grumpy. im just a little sad hes like this. if hes maulting and i poke him hell move yes? so if i mess with him and theres no movement hes passed away

ch-47 soldier

AC Members
Mar 17, 2009
if its molting and you poke it it should be more defensive and should probably rear up with its fangs out. also be careful messing with it as it may release the hairs on its butt out into the air and that can be a very unpleasant experience.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
he unfortunatly passed. i hope its nothing i did, but hes tried all his tricks on me when i first moved him onto his 15 gallon tank he was pissed all the time ( i think its because his burrow didnt come with) and he would leak venom whenever you opened the thing, but for as grumpy as he always was he never bit me, he even put up with being held when i would switch out his substrait. its sad theres nothing i can do but, thanks for all the help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store