Thorichthys aka Firemouths

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
They can be mean but there no where on the level of say Parachromis managuense. Granted I've only had one Jag and he was Hyper Aggressive.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah those Jags will try to take your finger off

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I use to use my net as a safe guard when having to place my hand in the tank. I loved my fish but also love my ten fingers and wanted to keep it at that nice even number.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL i have even heard that Jags will swim towards your face if you are looking into the tank from the top to try and jump and bite you if they are guarding fry..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Mine was a solo Jag and well... Story Time. My uncle went into my room to check out my fish and he placed his hand in front of the tank and nothing. He was like it's not mean my Red Devil use to chase my hand. I told him it doesn't go for hands it goes for your face. He placed his hand in front again I was like dude put your face to the glass so he did but nothing it just looked at him. I then told him now back up slowly so he did and it began to charge. When my uncle finally decided to stop playing this with him he stood up at normal speed and BOOM he rammed the glass so dang hard the top water was splashing back and forth. He was like Oh snap that is sweet. Well next he calls his now ex girlfriend over to see it she was like oh it's ok I guess he was like babe this thing is mean put your face to the tank. She put her hand we both said it won't go for your hand. She was like if it was mean it would. We finally convinced her to put her face there and well I guess he was still amp'd up from my uncle cause when she backed it hit the glass even harder. He was closer to the surface and with his tail flicks and speed it caused the water splash out from the back of the tank where the filter was. My wall was dripping with water. She jumped and walked out of my room all mad. Me and my uncle laughed. But yea. I miss my Jag.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Before I bought all my pleco's I was debating whether or not to buy some Jags again for my 135 gallon tank and well the pleco's won out.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Dam pleco's LOL my BN albino plecos are getting ready to breed my female is getting fat..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
LOL they are like rabbits. I had a pair breed on me with out me knowing it. Had almond leaves covering the tank bottom at the time so I went to do a WC and I saw some swimming around. I found four. I had a Apisto in the same tank and I think he attacked them as fry cause I had the 4 which were about an inch long with no other babies to be found. Also the filter had no cover so some would of got sucked up in there as well.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah i have bad luck with raising plecos but so far i am having success with them..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store