tinfoils regular, gold, albino question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Thanks..did you check my photos as well (why they are linked in the page and doesnt come up with the page..who knows....) the ones that automatically load up are Aquas...who mentions something about putting them in her pond??? hmmmm....

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
Yes I think I did see your photos too the other day. I really liked the Distichodus sexfasciatus photo, (large close up) someone posted the other day. I must have a Distichodus some day. Maybe D. lucosso. :)

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
AND the moral of the story: Buy the fish that you want. Who cares what people think?

Pssssssss...... (very softly I whisper into cacti's ear)

Your really going to enjoy your 3 Albino Tinfoils!

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
[Slipknotten writes:----->

Cacti- there is no such "skill", keeping large animals in small tanks is not impressive nor does it show any good husbandry skills. Its just downright mean to the fish and Id expect more from someone who came here to learn about them.

Im glad both of you can negate claims so well. Its impressive how you can skip over any facts because you dont want to hear them. [/B][/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

This guy doesn't seem alright to me. All my life I've seen fish the size of tinfoils, Oscars in home aquariums and healthy. I think he just wants to argue, we better ignore him.

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
We know this. a 125 gallon tank or larger would be best for these fish. KNowledge that we already know. HOWEVER, I bet 90 percent of poeple that own tinfoils do keep them in 60 gallons or smaller tank. Is there something wrong with it? No. I am in fishkeeping for 1 year. HOWEVER, I grew up all my life with my dad tinfoils who never showed any stunted problems and looked perfectly healthy. I change water constantly and feed them properrly. Many fishkeepers change the water once a month or dont even care. I Do.

Cacti: Instead of getting that oscar, why dont you get that Distichidus Sex. or loulouso ? In the LFS (VERY few of them) I seen them for sale for 29.00. When they do get older, their colors do tend to not be so bright, But they still have the stripes. Or you might consider a Tiger shovelnose catfish. WOW they are one NICE catfish. I seen one in the LFS that was 2 feet long. NICE coloring. Now that fish I would not reccomend for a 60 or smaller tank. BUT cacti..for your 300 gallon tank...... Of course though, they tend to be boring I think. Just laying there and not swimming around and all small fish will be an immediate meal......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store