Today at the ACA Conventions- Pic Warning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I had a blast! If you ever have a chance to attend one, I highly recommend it! I cruised the vendor tables, met Neo, saw all the show entries (pics below and in a couple following posts), and attended a lecture on the convergence of species from South and Central America by Ron Coleman. He led the research team and wrote the article "Worlds in Collision" featured in the July issue of TFH. He was a great speaker, brought a bunch of field video and photos, and had some really funny stories about their teams experiences in Costa Rica. Unfortunately, I missed the lecture on Apistogramma. But I missed it for a good cause... I met another AC member to pick up some fish that needed to be rehomed. :D I'll post a thread with pics later about that. I'll be headed down tomorrow for the auction and to pick up a few of the show tanks and filters.

So here goes.... Hope no one that clicked this thread is on dial up! :eek:

ACA 001.jpg ACA 002.jpg ACA 003.jpg ACA 004.jpg ACA 007.jpg ACA 008.jpg ACA 009.jpg ACA 010.jpg ACA 011.jpg ACA 012.jpg

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Wow! Nice fishies.........I have no idea what most of them are but they are nice! That sev is gorgeous!

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
And last, but not least for anyone who hasn't seen it in the Meet up thread...

ACA 036.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
:drool:Cichlasoma pearsei:drool:

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Wow! Nice fishies.........I have no idea what most of them are but they are nice! That sev is gorgeous!
yep awsome fish, wish I knew the names :lol: thank you for sharing, but ..... can you go back and post the names so we can go look them up and see all about them?? thanks :)

what fish is in the 10th and 11th pic ?? sooooo awsome. all of them are but I love these two !!

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
yep awsome fish, wish I knew the names :lol: thank you for sharing, but ..... can you go back and post the names so we can go look them up and see all about them?? thanks :)
You're assuming that I know the names of them.... lol

I was going to write each one down, but it was too crowded and people were kind of rotating tanks to take pics. The first & second pic in my 2nd post is my favorite. I voted for it for the "People's Choice" award and am trying to search images to find it's name and info. I'll eventually get a book and cross reference the pics. Some of those fish were HUGE. The lecture was amazing! My head is still spinning from all the info the guy rattled off within an hour. He covered everything from plate tectonics, weather patterns for Costa Rica, parental behaviors, egg sizes and numbers, and the timing of egg hatching (he said that he can name the hatching time within 15 minutes of any of the species he's had in lab based on temp alone!). He also spoke about driving there and swimming amongst crocs. :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store