Too many snails?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Ok so I tested the water

Before w/c
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 2-5 ppm
Nitrate 80pp

After w/c
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 20ppm

I forgot to do a water change one week I think.

Last edited:

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
One week missing water change should not have made the water so bad - your nitrites should have still stayed at 0 even if you forget to do water changes. Going to 80 ppm nitrate doesn't happen overnight either (or in a week you skipped). I would recommend 3 things: reduce bioload, increase bio filtration capacity, up your water change schedule (more often or more % each time).

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
Hi do you still have any snail's to get rid of?

Evonne786

AC Members
Mar 3, 2016
In my 10 gallon I have 47 small gold mystery snails,11 big brown mystery snails,1 blue mystery snails,1 albino mystery snail, and 1 tiny trapdoor snail. The gold snails are no longer then the tip of my pinkie,the brown snails are about 1-1.5 inch,the blue is about 1 inch, the albino snail is about 1.5 inch, the trapdoor snail is about .5 inch. Before you say anything I must say something. All of these snails except the blue,albino mystery, and the trapdoor were unexpected babies. What should I do? I have a 20 gallon high I could put some of the snails in.
I need some snails. U still have. Contact sully2323@yahoo.com thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store