updated pics of my 55 gal tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
thats a great tank! I love your gorgonians.

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Great colors, U.S.! That's what I'm looking for...diversity. Sea fans are outstanding. Do you have to spot feed 'em or do they just use the lights?

Frags are a great way to go. I'd say at least 60% of my corals are from 5, 10 and 15 dollar frags. The other corals I tried to get good deals on. Working on getting some guys around here to trade with.

Nice Tank!
Tom

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
thanks tomtoro. The sea fans i never feed. They are photosynthetic, makes life much easier. And yeah i feel that frags are the best way to go. But then i am cheap, lol. Also its great to watch the things grow.

coolisjade

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
hey what kind of filtration are you using? im starting up a 25 gallon...can you give me some pointers on how i get to that point? i love all the delicious purples.

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
Coolisjade i will try to get some pics of the filtration for my tank today. But, here is the run down on what i have. Simply i have a sump with a filter sock (not Bio Balls due to the ammount of maintenance), a refugium which you can begin to see in one of the pics i have on here already and well the live rock and live sand. Also if you want to consider the mangroves filtration go for it since they do use excess Nitrates in the water for nutrients.

vcyr

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Nice set up! You have done a great job.

I really love the school of chromis you have. They are such outgoing fish, and it is nice to see them in a school, which is how they should be kept. :thm:

Verna

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store