What cories are these?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

C98Hall

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Hey guys I was wondering if you could identify these cories for me. I thought they were Three-Striped cories but they are much bigger than my other ones. I realize the picture doesn't show the comparison, but I'll try to snap another one. Thanks.

fgump

AC Members
May 17, 2007
Utah
It's hard to tell from those dark pictures, but it looks like a trili to me (Corydoras trilineatus)

Actually after looking at the bottom picture more, it doesn't look like a trili. So sorry, can't help

C98Hall

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
It's hard to tell from those dark pictures, but it looks like a trili to me (Corydoras trilineatus)

Actually after looking at the bottom picture more, it doesn't look like a trili. So sorry, can't help
Ha thanks, I got them home from the store and turned the tank lights out. I thought they were trili too but they have a dark patch around the front of the head/eye.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Are they Juli cats?

Debbi

DeputyChiefJR

Glub! Glub!
Jan 18, 2006
Central Ct
They may also be Aggasizzis, lemme look them up online.

DeputyChiefJR

Glub! Glub!
Jan 18, 2006
Central Ct
Nevermind, the lines are too solid

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
I still am thinking trilineatus as the solid line is too long. The first pic hints at a more reticulated pattern (think Jaguar) where juliis have spots (more like leopard). I remembered having had this come up before and found that we have in fact "Been there, done that..."

Corydoras trilineatus

Trili's have more of a mottled patchwork of markings on their body, especially in their face/head vs. the more symetrically rounded spots of the Julii.

Also, the Trili has heavy spotting on it's anal fin, the Julii's do not (faint or not present).

Lastly, the Trili's tend to have the spots on their tail-fins in bands whereas the Julii's are more skattered.

I know what I'm describing is kindof a 'visual feel' thing, but if you had one side-by-side it would be easy to distinguish...

Maybe these images will help: (1st is a Trili; 2nd is a Julie)
Also from the same thread as^... http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=508 - more trilineatus pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store