What is the best food??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddictJulez

AC Members
Aug 17, 2010
Girard Pennsylvania

I was wondering, what is the best food?? What does everyone prefer??

I feed Hikari Cichlid Bio+Gold, but order some New Life Spectrum today.. Is the NLS better than the Hikari?

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
NLS and Hikari are both great foods IME. I'd choose NLS over Hikari if I had to though.

Live and Frozen are even better if mixed into a good varied diet with something like NLS as the staple.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I use mostly Omega and/or Hikari buttttttt..... I just recently began feeding NLS crusteacean food to my Red Cherry Shrimps and Crystal Red shrimp and the red has just popped in the three weeks since they have begun to eat it! I am very impressed with the NLS food and am going to try another type.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I use omega spirulina/krill and some boiled veggies sometimes for my mbunas :)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
many of the foods on the market are suitable. NLS is preferred by many.

My Discus like tetra color bits and hate NLS Discus.

my suggestion is stick to good name brands(Hikari is fine) and vary the diet according to the species.

hang in there

imafreak

AC Members
Jul 22, 2010
Tempe, AZ
My Tropheus get either NLS (combination Cichlid + Thera A), Ken's Topheus Flake, or just recently I ordered a bag of Dainichi Veggie FX and have been using that as well.

FishAddictJulez

AC Members
Aug 17, 2010
Girard Pennsylvania
OK.. I love the Hikari.. it has really brought the color out in my zebra obliques. Hoping that the NLS will be even better..? I offer alot of different thinks to my little guys... Ive tried lettuce/raw spinach, but they were not impressed.. seemed to like boiled peas/green beans though... as well as raw shrimp, brine shrimp, zuchini, and bloodworms... they even enjoy the algea wafers...

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I use Hikari Bio-Gold. My fish gobble it up and there colors look good. I would switch but I love the results they have produced with my fish. Ill have to look at the other brand though gots me a bit curious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store