What is the smallest type of goldfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
Then it is a good thing I used smaller, a relative term. There are smaller breeds. Are they 'small'? That depends on your definition of small.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Thanks for your help, everyone. I was just wondering what variety wasn't overly huge. This spring/summer, I may get an aquarium/pond for some goldfish. I'm just doing my research first^^

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
The best for beginners will be the hardiest, not necessarily the smallest. For fancies this would be fantails. Any of the pond-type, long-bodied goldfish are hardy.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Be sure to have good filtration they are very messy. I would get extra gavel so you can really bury your plants. They will up root them.

Buckdog

Comet with an attitude problem.
Jun 2, 2007
So.Cal. Inland
I'm getting worried because I may have to move up to a larger tank sooner than I thought. The only thing small about my golds now is that they're starting to look like small Orcas.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
Well.... I'm going to have to scratch the pond.. we live on a floodplain and the goldies would wash into the creek. LOL. But the tank is a definitely maybe. (<-- no relation to the movie intended)

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
I'd do that, but... the water can get up to a 1'+ high and I still don't think that my mom will go for the idea. :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store