What is this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
I was trying to keep it at 86* but this stupid heater is hard to tell what temp you are setting it for. First it was 84*, I bumped it a little and it is 88*. I will try to back it down in the morning. I will keep up on my water changes as well. I’ll let you know how it goes.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That's a pretty high temp for your corys & plecos, like usedtobefast said. You only knock off a couple days of salt tx & stress the heck out of your bottom feeders. Lower the temp to help them. You're in this tx for the long haul. Yes, a PITA but all your fish can survive this...I hope.

Reactions: DaisyTattoo

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
Can’t believe all my fish aren’t dead right now. Ich is 98% gone. Did a 30% waterchange tonight. Unplugged my heater so I didn’t kill it if I accidentally got it above the waterline. Filled the tank....and apparently the heater didn’t come back on. Unplugged it and plugged it back in once I realized it wasn’t working and it came on for all of 30 seconds and shut back off. At this point my tank temp had plummeted 10* in about 2 hours. So then I unplugged it, put it at 76*, because that’s the original starting temp and plugged it back in. Then I raised the temp and it kicked back on. And then turned off. I don’t know what is going on. I have to work tomorrow and I can’t get a new heater until Tuesday. I live too far away from any towns that sell them. I seriously can’t believe my fish aren’t dead. Yet.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Heaters are 1 of the weakest pieces of equipment in our hobby & have been for many years! Your fish will likely be fine, or even better than at the high temps. Don't stress out over this as far as your ich tx goes...High temps only knock off a couple days off what you need to do...you know, WCs & vacuuming & keeping the salt dosage up! Don't despair! You are getting closer to an end to this ordeal but you have several days to a week or so to go. Keep it up!

98% gone means nothing yet, it's just what shows on the fish's exterior parts. You're far from done...lots of work ahead, but you can do it!

Reactions: DaisyTattoo

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
Ok, so figured out I was freaking out for no reason. The heater was cycling on and off so it didn’t kill my fish by heating the tank too quickly. It is sitting stable at 86 since very late last night. 2 of my angels even did some lip locking...seems they are thinking of pairing up. All the fish are doing very well although I’ve noticed I only ever see one of my 2 inch long albino BN Plecos at a time. Not sure if it’s because I lost one or if they just hang out at different times. The female ram still looks to have a couple of ich spots but no other fish have it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store