what is your favorite canister filter?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
I don't know if they qualify but I like my H.O.T. Magnum. It is small and unobtrusive, gives decent circulation on a 48" tank. They also seem to do a better job than some HOB's do at particulate removal.
:iagree:

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
A Marineland C-360 for my 55 gallon tank. I've heard only great things about these types of filters, and they already come with filter media ready to use.

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
I love my rena's, I'm running 4 xp 3's and an xp4...plenty of media baskets for a variety different filtration options. If there is one I would like to try it would be the fx5 just for the sheer power

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
if you had the money to buy one canister filter right now what one would it be? make a pitch for others as to why they should buy it. also the twist..... say something good about the previous filter mentioned.
Mg...what is your favorite

kitokatlin

1.21 Gigawatts!
I personally love my AquaEl Unimax 150 w/UV and it is such an understated canister filter, they don't advertise as heavily as rena or marineland so they don't get the recognition. It has been a better canister than any that I have used, quiet, reliable, any media you want plus the added benefit of the UV. They are great!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12702

gunsnfknroses

AC Members
Jan 25, 2009
Eheim.
I just bought my first one and the build quality is excellent.
I dont see me buying any other brand for now on.
Of course, mine is the 2262 for my 300g.

DeputyChiefJR

Glub! Glub!
Jan 18, 2006
Central Ct
I have a mag 350 and a c-360 and I love them both. The mag 350 is the most reliable thing I've ever experienced in life....It just goes and goes, despite the fact that priming can be a pain (I'm not so sure I understand what a previous post meant by just tipping it, that has never worked for me)....The c-360 has now been amazing since I got the new motor and seal. Massive water flow and neate, easy baskets. It's very new and I haven't cleaned it yet, but I imagine it's very easy.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
^ a good value in every way

My fav: Eheim Classic series - They got it totally right >30 years ago, why go w/ anything else? They provide good flow for ever, have good media volume and are pretty easy to clean.

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
I've got two magnum 350's and they are great for flow and easy to use.

I just picked up a C-360 (e-bay, slightly used, $31). I was surprised at how massive the thing is. It must hold 4-5 gallons of water inside of it. I've got to make a trip to get some new hoses and some filter floss. I'm kind of excited to get it hooked up and going. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Right now I just finished soaking the thing in bleach and am letting it air out.

Eheim classics are really nice looking but my little wallet can't handle the price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store