What is YOUR favourite Hikari product?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
What is your favourite Hikari product??? Tell me what you like about it! I want your opinion!

My favourite is Hikari Mini algae wafers. They are Algae-licious!

OK.......GO!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never eaten any of their products so I do not know.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Lol. You know what I mean!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
As for my favourite product. . . it depends on what I'm feeding. For tropical fish I like the microwafers, for carnivores I like the carnivore or massivore pellets depending on the size of the fish. I like the algae wafers for algae eaters and the bottom feeder pellets for other bottom feeders.
I don't have a favourite one product.

I prefer their algae wafers to most other brands. But I prefer NLS to their microwafers for tropicals because I can get more variety. For the carnivores I had, I fed a mix of bottom feeder pellets, carnviore pellets, cichlid biogold, frozen mysis, frozen bloodworms and live blackworms. I couldn't say any one of those was better than the other.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Lol. You know what I mean!
Sorry, could not help myself when you said "Algae-licious" ;).
I feed it to my fishes, but my fishes are spoiled. I feed them mostly the frozen Hikari foods--Mysis, BrineShrimp, Blood Worms, ect. Then I feed flakes about twice a week, with about 1 day of fasting.

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Yeah, my fish love the algae wafers. So much that my little teeny otos can't get to them. I have one molly who guards her share, and anyone too close gets attacked.
My strange, strange cat likes 'em too.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
It used to their Bio Pure line of frozen foods. When I started out using them it was because there had been problems with other brands. They also offer a pretty broad range of frozen foods. Today I get most of my frozen from a fish room supplier (much cheaper and as safe) but I still buy the Hikari Frozen Daphnia and BBS cubes in small quantities and their Brine Shrimp gut loaded w/ Sprulina in 1 lb. slabs.

I feed frozen about 40-45% of the time, Repashy (which I love) about the same and then commercial flake or sinking sticks the rest of the time.

In dry food I use the Hikari Algae wafers. Assasin snails love them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store