What the heck is going on...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OHFunds

AC Members
May 5, 2006
Ok, so over the past month I have watched one of my fish get bigger and bigger. I was told that the female gets bigger than the male, as you see in the pics, even if the female isnt pregnant. I dont overfeed them, but this fish has been getting bigger and bigger.

So today, I noticed this HUGE thing coming out of it. Its significantly larger than the fishes normal poop, so thats why I am here. What is this? Should I be worried? You can see how much larger the one is than the other fish, so maybe you guys can help:

Fish PIC 1

Fish PIC 2

Fish Food

misopeenut

AC Members
Nov 3, 2005
whoaaa big doo doo... its longer than the fish
never seen antyhing like taht before

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Photo Shop?

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
OHFunds said:
Ok, so over the past month I have watched one of my fish get bigger and bigger. I was told that the female gets bigger than the male, as you see in the pics, even if the female isnt pregnant. I dont overfeed them, but this fish has been getting bigger and bigger.

So today, I noticed this HUGE thing coming out of it. Its significantly larger than the fishes normal poop, so thats why I am here. What is this? Should I be worried? You can see how much larger the one is than the other fish, so maybe you guys can help:
I've seen poops like that with my platies. I don't know that it's normal though. I haven't seen them poop like that since before they were treated for internal parasites.

Last edited:

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
yeah I was going to say internal parasites, either as the cause or that the poop is the parasite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store