what will go with a jaguar in 125G tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

proycraft

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Pensacola, Fl
Visit site
i was thinking buttikoferi he's big and aggerssive but dont know how aggerssive, and he's from a river in africa but the water specs are about the same on this website. is he to far out of line for the jag? is there another site to get info on the buttikoferi

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
I would say that the only suitable tankmate would be a female, you might have to keep a divider on hand to keep them from roughing each other up too much. The jag by nature is piscivourous so thinking you can keep another fish with it in all likely hood is just getting an expensive feeder.

mickey

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
Ireland
www.setbb.com
Originally posted by proycraft
i was thinking buttikoferi he's big and aggerssive but dont know how aggerssive, and he's from a river in africa but the water specs are about the same on this website. is he to far out of line for the jag? is there another site to get info on the buttikoferi
This is a very aggressive fish also,
try a Google search on it, lots of info to be obtained.
Cheers.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
This kind of question, I think it is best that you ask predatorcichlid, one of the members here.

IMO, GT, Con, JD, Texas cichlid, and Salvini will get killed. Unless you have a 180g tank, they PROBABLY will survive. All these cichlids have been overated regarding their temper.

IMO, cichlids that will survive Jag are Midas, Red Devil, Buttikoferi, Trimac, some Vieja, other kind of Parachromis, Red Terror (festae), Beani, Haitiensis, and some other more aggressive cichlids. However, have to take 125g tank into consideration. If you want Buttikoferi, that thing will grow to 16". 2 big fishes in that 125g tank...I don't know how well that can work. Unless you have planned to put in divider, one that can hold their charges and weight.

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
I would go for the pair, If you ever get tired of them you could sell them to a LFS and make money. That and I bet there are a lot more people that want jag fry than convict fry. You might even make money on that. Just more work.

proycraft

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Pensacola, Fl
Visit site
i havent given up yet. whats a beani and Haitiensis never heard of them. midas and red devils just look funny to me. red terror is very cool looking

dividers IMO are pointless if the fish are not compatible then dont put them in the same tank. thats why i asked this question

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store