What would YOU do if fish were banned?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sawyer

AC Members
Apr 24, 2009
Apparently the pet trade makes 7-8 billion from fish and reptiles every year, but the cost of invasive fish is 120 billion per year. According to some.
Wow. they picked a bad time to try to ban "invasive" animals, what with the economy the way it is.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I like cushy. Blue couch it is!

And I call space for my three tanks, plus maybe a few more I pick up on the way.

There is a problem... This is an upstairs room in a 150 year old house (though you wouldn't know the latter ;))

Maybe downstairs I could sell the grand piano... My skills have rusted with time. I can barely play the lord of the rings tune ;)

That would free up some space. Say 8 feet of room.

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
Note all ACers camping out in my house, garage and barn would be put to work building a warehouse behind my pond and then would work in the warehouse breeding fish for the rest of their lives.
So, can I bring my cat as well as fish, if I bring my own tools? Hey, I'm in michigan, it's not that much of a stretch. Oh, and I hope you have room for my shoes :dance:

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
So, can I bring my cat as well as fish, if I bring my own tools? Hey, I'm in michigan, it's not that much of a stretch. Oh, and I hope you have room for my shoes :dance:
Hell, I have 6 cats. The black and white one will try to chase the ones that don't stand up for themselves, though, so just give him a punt over the roof and he'll learn.

nah new zealand, heres some examples:

eels:

largest recorded:

these are FW.

now fish:

ewwwwwww
oh yea we also have native FW crays:

All of the above are very nice fish and inverts I'd love to keep, especially fish #1.

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
Oh good. Mine is a kitten and she's, erm, CRAZY! I'm sure they'll get along great. I call the room above the garage! Or one of the couches. I really do have a lot of boots though, and shoes in general.

Bottomfeeder2

Lancelet
Aug 31, 2008
if anyone thinks im gonna euthanize my fish just because of this stupid nill, theyre out of their minds...

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Oh good. Mine is a kitten and she's, erm, CRAZY! I'm sure they'll get along great. I call the room above the garage! Or one of the couches. I really do have a lot of boots though, and shoes in general.

Why does no one want a spare bedroom with a cozy bed that the cats like to hide under? :p:

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
It's one thing if they ban importing the fish (although that would still hurt the hobby)... but if they allowed fish that are already in the country to remain (and their offspring to remain) that wouldn't be so bad. Would limit some choices but not kill the hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store