whats your greatest frustration in fishkeeping?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Yep, I try to go 50/50 between people here and what the lfs (not a big faceless company) say to do. Seems to be working out well so far

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Got a new one: college. It's annoyingly expensive, and is limiting the much more important fish budget... :)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
used to be wading through bad advice to get to good advice. now it's giving good advice knowing it's going to be ignored.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Mine biggest frustration is simply not having the money to make all my ideas and visions for tank setups a reality. Especially because many involve build entire rooms and even houses around the tanks.

And algae. Grumble... grumble...

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
My parents not letting me breed fish. I really wish I could breed my L-183 plec... But my parents "don't want me to become a fish business." :( I just want the species to be a bit more common... Is that so wrong?!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
used to be wading through bad advice to get to good advice. now it's giving good advice knowing it's going to be ignored.
Im not trying to ignore you. I just want other opinions in the mix as well.

Anyway, water changes are a pain, but they are worth having a clean tank and seeing the fish swimming around happily. But then again, my biggest tank is only 10g so I cant say I have had to do a big w/c like people with bigger tanks have to do.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Got a new one: college. It's annoyingly expensive, and is limiting the much more important fish budget... :)
Being in debt is fun.

This one is still frustrating to me nerdy!! Until you get a bit more experience and can tell which answers make sense to you.....
Or which people to ignore :lipssealedsmilie:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store