whats your greatest frustration in fishkeeping?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Got a new one: college. It's annoyingly expensive, and is limiting the much more important fish budget... :)
Which leads me to my 2nd biggest fear (1st is all my fish dying) not being able to take at least a ten gallon to college with me... (cause there's no way my parents are caring for my pleco lol... Or my rams for that matter...)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Which leads me to my 2nd biggest fear (1st is all my fish dying) not being able to take at least a ten gallon to college with me... (cause there's no way my parents are caring for my pleco lol... Or my rams for that matter...)
I have this same problem, my JD will be taken care of but my planted tank will go to hell. Hopefully my dorm (or an apartment, PLEASE LORD) will allow at least 5-10g and I can have a nice little nano or shellie tank.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
I know... I just need a ten for my ram pair and pleco... It'll be pushing it stocking wise... But it'd kill me if my parents lost them. :(
*edit... Just googled it and found out my top two colleges I'd like to get accepted to allow aquariums of 20 gallons or less! Then I can take my betta and cherry barbs too! :D

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I have this same problem, my JD will be taken care of but my planted tank will go to hell. Hopefully my dorm (or an apartment, PLEASE LORD) will allow at least 5-10g and I can have a nice little nano or shellie tank.
I know... I just need a ten for my ram pair and pleco... It'll be pushing it stocking wise... But it'd kill me if my parents lost them. :(
*edit... Just googled it and found out my top two colleges I'd like to get accepted to allow aquariums of 20 gallons or less! Then I can take my betta and cherry barbs too! :D
Well, I'm lucky. All my tanks are at my moms house, and I'll probably be able to go to college from her house. If not... well, I can probably afford to check up on the fish every week, I won't be more then an hour away (yea, I'm that dedicated). My mom is happy to feed the fish when I'm away. Even so, if I get a dorm I'll probably sneak in a 10-20gal tank... or bigger if they allow it :)

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
^^^ my cousins dorm room had something over 29g, but Idk the exact size. I dont know the standard sizes over 29g. I know it wasnt huge.

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
definitely not having the space/resources to have every single kind of tank and fish that I want!

MichiganMan

AC Members
Sep 21, 2008
What's your greatest frustration in fishkeeping?
Trying to get a reply from the guy that is selling a tank on CL, even though he's told me it is available and I have money in hand... sigh.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
My wife...and her budgets...and her telling me i can't cover every sq inch of wall space in my house with tanks.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Algae -,- it annoys me so much. I also hate having to spend so much time doing homework/ revising for exams that I never get to sit down and admire my tank or make them look nicer.

I also hate people who think they know everything, but don't and still talk...

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My biggest frustration is definatly Algae... one of my tanks just keeps getting it and I am soo tired of cleaning it off.

My other frustration is just that I cannot have more, they cost so much! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store