Where oh where has everyone gone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
The contests might bring people back. :D I work in a pet store and seen the down fall, but I still have people coming in asking about what fish are best for their tanks, mostly small tanks and want a goldfish for said tiny tank or a bowl. I love this hobby a lot, but work has me beat with all the night shifts, which keep me from maintaining my tanks..Only have 2 days off and I use those only free days to relax or just sleep. I joined this site a few years ago, when it was still pretty active and it sucks seeing people stop getting on.

atreis

AC Members
Nov 24, 2013
SW Ohio
It's spring! The birds are singing, the trees are budding... For me, major aquarium work is a winter thing. In the spring and summer I keep them going but don't change much - I spend time outside hiking, camping, kayaking, etc...

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
It's spring! The birds are singing, the trees are budding... For me, major aquarium work is a winter thing. In the spring and summer I keep them going but don't change much - I spend time outside hiking, camping, kayaking, etc...
I feel the same way. When the weathers nice you dont want to stay in and work on the fish tanks. Id much rather go fishing, camping, or hanging out with my friends.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Had a baby...so while I am still in the hobby I have little time between work baby and my hobby to post. I do try to help out when I can around here.

The hobby is booming in our area I have been selling lots of fish threw stores and soon to start on Aquabid.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I'm here some, I'm down to just one tank instead of several going at once. I'm not even keeping tropical fish nor goldfish so I don't have much to say for the majority of things. I've not had time or resources to be on here like I was at one point. Free expenditure of discretionary funds took a big hit with the housing bust and that took the aquarium hobby down some with it here in the US. I've not seen it as busy since then.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
AC is my only socialization with other aquarium peeps. I live and work in a rural area, so there aren't many places to shop or people to talk to. The closest LFS is 30 miles away from me and they are sucky... One wall of fish and more BBA than fish. You guys are my only fish friends!

Man that makes me sound like a loser, but being a 35 year old aquarist in a small town close to nothing even like a city limits me. Why do you guys think I'm so into DIY? I have to be!

Do what ya gotta do to revive AC!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I just found Paxton on Google Maps...you really must be lonely LOL
VERY! I keep all of my aquariums in my business because that's where I am all the time anyway. I don't even have a tank in my house. Florida Farmers Market is mine if you're traveling to the beaches and want to stop by. Seriously, please do! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
AC is my only socialization with other aquarium peeps. I live and work in a rural area, so there aren't many places to shop or people to talk to. The closest LFS is 30 miles away from me and they are sucky... One wall of fish and more BBA than fish. You guys are my only fish friends!
Ever considered getting into wild-caught native fish?

or moving somewhere there's a better selection of fish stores?

if you're ever in Northeast PA, I imagine I could fill a good couple of days with aquarium store visits for you.

roliva

Dovii/Umbee Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
Lehigh Valley, PA
I'm still around barely lol. Just busy with kids/family plus I only have one tank right now and not much to report. It seems all the forums have slowed down drastically within the last few years.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store