Which came first? Fish or pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which one of these fits you best?

• I got a pond and then decided that it needed fish.

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • I wanted to put such and such a fish in a pond and then built a pond suitable for them.

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'm just curious, so I posted a poll...if you have a pond, did you decide to make it based on the fish that you wanted to put in it, or did you have a pond already dug and decide to put fish in it then?

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
:confused: Well...I cant vote for some reason. But I made my ponds because I wanted the fish.

Erika

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
Hamilton, OH
Visit site
My husband wanted a pond, and after we built it and put in a waterbell, we decided to put fish in it. Until he accidentally dropped an entire bottle of algae kill in it, we hadn't lost a fish.

Now I think the frog is snacking on the smaller ones.

We have goldfish in our pond, BTW.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
I got my pond from a friend who was taking one of his down. He moved the fish from it and put them into his other one until I got it in the ground. I then moved the fish in a week later. So I guess you can say I got both at the same time.

Dave

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
We got the pond (kit) first. Setting it up with nice plants was the priority, fish were not part of it. We did put 2 large Oscars that out-grew a 35g.... During Winter it got too cold for them... :(
We also had a small 'Slider' turtle, but seems to have been dinner for a bird..

We have feeder Goldfish that have grown huge! Thinking of adding a pleco. Frogs showed up on their own, and make much noise at night. The neighbor complained a little bit about it, but we joked with her about it and not another word from her.. LOL

I've heard some put real nice looking cichlids in ponds, but I can't figure out why, since you can hardly see them.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
The Order of Pond Things...

1. Pond Kit
2. Set-up and add water and "filter"
3. Pond type plants
4. Fish added (later on..)
5. Turtle added
6. Frogs - showed up on their own (neighbor probably thinks
we bought them just to disturb her.. LOL)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store