Which hydor koralia powerhead for a 20tall?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I have a nano in my 29, but no coral, just one fish.

My 20g has a #2 koralia, and I think I could use one more in there maybe a #1 or nano, or any other make for that. When the HOB filter is on, and the skimmer, then I seem to have a pretty decent movement. But just by itself the 2 seems week, or rather not enough aiming power, it's like you really can't get by with one powerhead in any tank and not have dead zones.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I have two #3s on my 75G and it has more than plenty of current.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
well, I ended up getting the koralia 1, because they had only that at petsmart, who does the pricematch. They had it priced as $39.99, but I did a price match, and got it for $20! So far, I like it a lot, and it seems to give enough flow. Maybe later on I'll get another koralia 1 or something, but for now, it seems good. Thanks for the help guys, and sorry I didn't really go with the flow on the koralia 2; I just couldn't pass up the deal... The things is, I also have a small hagen internal filter, which I use as a powerhead, and I took out the foam inside, which is 70 gallons per hour. Also, I have an aquaclear filter, which provides a bit of flow; I think I'm set.

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
If you are using it as your only source of flow, I would probably go with (2) 1's or (1) 2. In my 24g I use the nano, but I also have a rio 1400 pumping out from the return. Between the 2 my flow is perfect and if I'm not mistaken I think you'd get around the same gph with that.

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
oops, don't know how I missed your last post before I wrote that but it looks like you've already got it figured out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store