White Cloud Mountain Minnow, the Perfect fish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
I have a 29G white cloud tank. I'm also in WA and get them all for 4 or 5 for $1. one thing I've noticed is it's very important to QT these little guys. Because they're often used as feeders, they're often low quality and carry a lot of illness. I made the mistake of not QT one batch and it killed off my entire population within a couple weeks. Next batch, I QTd with a course of seachem polygaurd and 2/3 made it through to joint the population. They are a gorgeous little fish, much better than a neon IMO.

Aug 25, 2007
in front of my computer
Very cheerful, active fish! I think they'd be especially good in a dorm tank--many dorms have a 10 gallon limit, which WCM would be okay with, and they're pretty easy care.

I bought mine as feeder fish. An LFS got them in instead of feeder guppies once and had them 12 for $1.28 (about what one goes for), and the person who netted them for me gave me about double what I paid for! I quarantined/put them in a tank with nothing else but snails, and they just about all made it. It's been a couple years and I still have about 20.

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
My LFS sells them 3 for $7. :(

Oh well, some of these would go great in my soon to be temperate river manifold setup...but not at 3 for $7.

knight4th

AC Members
Jan 29, 2010
I love my white clouds i have a school of 40 in my 120 planted and the in a few others were itsjust them for breeding :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store