White Dots

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paradigmcubed

AC Members
Mar 15, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
My Peacocks and Tropheops have begun to get white dots on their bodies. They are the only ones to get them and these dots are very, very small. I am almost absolutely sure they are ick, but I wanted to get some more opinions.
Thanks

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
I would assume it is ich, but i am sure there are other possibilities also, i dont know a whole lot about diseases.

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
Mine also has that, I'm getting some quick cure and goodness knows what else, I recall the store having somthing called.

Ick fix, or Ick cure.

I must be sure that it is Ick...Pumaward I know you've been to my thread, but could you make sure that it is certain? I've got alot of questions that probaly need answering...

thanks

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
10 days should be long enough. Just make water changes and re-dose appropriately during that period (ich medications generally do affect the nitrification process somwhat, thus the need for water changes). You should also vacuum the gravel to get any loose ich cysts or parasites during your water changes, to add physical removal of the disease to support and enhance your chemical treatment(s).

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
That doesn't sound pleasant at all :(. Try going here and seeing if anything matches whats going on with your fish, http://fishyfarmacy.com. I hope it helps, it doesn't give causes, but does give recommendations for treatment.

stoopid

AC Members
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by paradigmcubed
Please help me! Two days after my first dose of ich medicine the white spots have intensified. Even worse, the fish are beginning to get open wounds or cuts. What should I do?????

Thanks
Eek, sounds like ammonia may have a place in this as well... do a 3/4 water change and add a full medication doce, water up to 82-85 (depending what your fish can handle without stressing).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store