Who has large tank recommendations?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

freshwaterparadise

Registered Member
Feb 11, 2020
Looking for 150 gallon large tank. My old tank was Red Sea peninsula, wanted to try a different tank. I'm planning on keeping freshwater fish, and use artificial plants so does not need to be a scaper tank. I'd actually prefer to be not a scaper tank. Any recommendations are appreciated.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Glass or plastic? Ordering through a local fish store?

Marineland and Glasscages are other options.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Depending on the type of livestock you are going to keep, I wouldn't rule out a 'scapers' tank, they are much more attractive without the rims, and have better quality glass and such.

You don't have to keep live plants in if you don't want.

Landen, UNS and Evolution Aqua are all rimless brands of tanks that you may want to look at.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Although I belong to a plant club, I don't know that I call myself a "scaper". I have live plants in my tanks, they add a lot to tank & fish health, not to mention aesthetics. They don't have to be difficult plants, many are easy! If I can grow them you could too.

I don't have a brand preference for tanks...but my 1 experience with a rimless tank wasn't great, even if it looked cool. I had tiny bottom fish jump out :(

What types of fish are you planning on keeping? Some dig (but there are plants for that, lol). Some you might want to try & breed...& there's wood & plants that help with that too. Real wood & live plants! They just add to your aquatic environment & tank enjoyment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store