who has the oldest fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SomeGuy88

Its simply scrum-trulescent
Jun 26, 2004
Grimsby, Ontario
Visit site
my Old Angle fish was 5 years old. I had to give him away because he bullied on my other fish and killed them. Hes still alive and kicking still.

XR250rdr

AC Members
Jul 2, 2004
OC, Cal
Visit site
I have a Kuhli Loach that is about six years old. Its kind of a miracle its still around. During a water change a couple years ago it jumped out of the tank while I was out of the room dumping the water. I dont know how long it was out of the tank because I thought it was under the gravel at first, but then I found it on the floor behind the tank covered in dust. I got it back in the tank and the dust cleaned off its head as soon as I could.

Guess it doesnt really count because it died a few days ago, but I had a Pristella Tetra that was the last of a group of 5 I bought at about the same time as the above loach. Three of the 5 were alive until about a year ago when one died, then the last two died within the last couple months.

Gambusia

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
I know the National Aquarium in DC has a very old alligator gar.

I've got a couple shortnose gar that are several years old.

TAoz

AC Members
Oct 2, 2005
Bangkok, Thailand
Never know that Lake Sturgeon live so much long.

kinda of topic but could anyone pls ID what kind of Sturgeon this guy is ??

greendeltatke

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Chicago
The Shedd aquarium in Chicago claims the longest lived fish currently in captivity. It's an Australian lungfish named Grandad. They got him in 1933, when he was already an adult. He was shipped by boat from Australia to San Francisco, then made the rest of the trip in a customized rail car. His mate survived until 1980.

bigtoeknee

AC Members
Aug 28, 2005
One of my LFS located in Queens NY, has a Pacu thats a customer brought back (too big) from 1968. 37 yo The name of the store is Cameo located on Jamica Ave.

my black freshwater shark ive had for about 30 years & he wasn't a baby when I got him ,came from an asian fish store on sheppard in a basement of asiancourt in a tank by himself in toronto, he was about 4 inches long maybe 6 .I spent about 20 on him & hes around 18 inches now & quite stout with no signs of deterioration. Only thing I notice with him that changes is although a black shark he turns the colour of the food hes eating .Ive seen him red green & grey but the outer rim of his scales remaine black .if I find blackworms ile get to see him jet black maybe.the ones in stores are about 2 inches

fishypoo2

Editor of Tropical Fish Monthly
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store