Woo Hoo! Banggai babies (with picture)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

micynyorkies

What's going on in there?
Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
I love those guys,they are really cool,I'm picking up a mating pair this week.
Cool - good luck! They sure are fun. On one website I read that they are as easy to raise as guppies. As I have killed guppy babies before, I didn't think they were that easy to raise. Plus, you have to raise brine shrimp. Now that I have a routine, that works well.

micynyorkies

Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
Mic....we need update pics.
I have to borrow a good camera. But, the saga of the newbie marine fish breeder continues. . .

So, I said my male was brooding again. His mouth was looking really full (I didn't see fins and eyeballs). I knew I should put him in the breeder net soon or he would have to release his babies into the main tank. My rock and coral may be beautifully placed, but it is not conducive to catching fish. After about 8 minutes of stressing the poor guy out, I finally caught him. I put him in the breeder net. He was so stressed at being caught, he spit the contents of his mouth out (at least mostly in the net). Last time I caught him he spit a few out, but I think he sucked them back in. This time, the 30 or so babies he spit out were going to be impossible for him to get back in. I let him out of the net and transferred the babies to my 10 gallon tank w/my big babies (the little guys are still in the breeders net as they are bite sized for the older babies). They aren't good swimmers yet, so they are just sitting at the bottom of the net. I could see some egg sack still attached to some of them, so I don't think they will need to eat right away. I tried some brine shrimp anyway. They weren't too interested.

Here are my bad pictures. The first two are of the older babies. The last one, if you squint just right, those black blobs look like fish babies.

micynyorkies

Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
Hope the new ones make it. How many of the older ones do you have left?
I still have all four - I didn't have any casualties (amazing. . .). Are you interested in some :grinno: ? I don't know how to ship, but would be willing to figure it out. They still need a few more weeks at least to be eating frozen brine reliably.

micynyorkies

Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
The Bangaiis tend to lurk alot. They aren't out and about like the Yellow tangs (or my Naso, which is only leary of my bright purple and orange tank gloves). But, they are pretty. Freshwater people always ask if they are angelfish.

micynyorkies

Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
New baby update - The new babies are swimming around now and eating fresh brine shrimp. They are so cute! I hope to borrow a good camera today so that I can get a picture of them. I can't believe how small they are!

micynyorkies

Apr 23, 2007
Norcal
www.micynyorkies.com
New (and better) pictures!

I got some better pictures of the babies. The first picture is of the new group. The second picture is of an older baby scoping out the newbies. They are really starting to eat well. I swear they have doubled in size from when I first captured them 4 days ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store