Would you drink the water in your tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sheloudre

AC Members
Jun 3, 2007
BC Canada
NO NO NO

no thanks, i'll pass. have you SEEN what shows up in the FILTERS? Don't know about your filters, but some of mine build a sludge we can't get rid of. Builds on tank walls too (within a week), even though we've scrubbed everything down frequently.

(by the way, if you know how to get rid of that buildup problem, please pm me with info. We'd appreciate it.)

mademperor

Go Go Rock Bass!
Jul 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
:confused: You swallowed water while setting up an airstone?! May I inquire on how?
One of those diffusers that you need to suck water into the tube, then blow it out. You're supposed to use clean water, but my tank was right there and more convenient lol.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
One of those diffusers that you need to suck water into the tube, then blow it out. You're supposed to use clean water, but my tank was right there and more convenient lol.
Aha! Now it makes sense... lol

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
LOL...Red Devil always finds interesting things for us all to ponder. What's your next thread RD?
If you were trapped in your home with no source of food, would you go Survivorman and go for tank sushi?!

Chele&Luke

Confused Mostly...
May 18, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
If you were trapped in your home with no source of food, would you go Survivorman and go for tank sushi?!
LMAO!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Not with 9 Neons and 4 Corys.... :devil:

red devil said:
I am wondering...whatever possessed me to ask that question....
Hehe - well you've probably uncovered who might make interesting party guests! ;) :grinyes:

Thanks to Hooked & Wataugachicken for the heads-up on the python - not sure I fully understand how it works, but I got a definite giggle out of the model in her suit and high heels..

I know I always dress like that for my water changes... *evil grin*

*Imagine Chele running frantically backwards and forwards usually somewhat dripping wet lugging colour coded buckets and dodging the ever helpful and MOBILE baby who is FASCINATED by that dangling plastic tube...*

I've been offered a brand new one here off http://www.trademe.co.nz/ for NZ$23.50 (17.40US??), so it's awfully tempting even with the water wastage...

Last edited:

Buckdog

Comet with an attitude problem.
Jun 2, 2007
So.Cal. Inland
I just drank some :screwy:

accidentally when setting up a new air stone
So did I!
"Hmmm. Nice aroma. Bold clean taste with a wonderful slightly sweet finish."

No, really I've had my share of accidental mouthfuls while siphoning with no problems. But my current tank is the cleanest I ever had and if it came down to drinking it in an emergency I would have no problem...after boiling it first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store