Would you trade your 75g for a 220g ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
think before you do the trade... a 220 is definately beautiful, but it can get very expensive.

The tank is one thing, but you'll need a stand, some lighting, gravel, rocks, decorations, filters, heaters, powerheads...

If it's within your budget then go for it.

:) Let us know what you decide.

btw, I like the avatar!!! :)

bpimm

AC Members
Jun 1, 2006
In a heartbeat... fill it up, make sure it doesnt leak and full speed ahead.

coupedefleur

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
NW Ohio
75s retail new for about 100 bucks. It doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

If budget was an issue, I'd use those concrete blocks and screwed-together 2x4's as a stand. You can always cover it with a shower curtain or other screen to pretty it up.

Lighting- shop lights with electronic T8 ballasts for lighting- or make some compact fl. fixtures out of aluminum gutters. Turface for a substrate- it's great for plants, and an $8 50-lb bag of it is so big that it would only take a couple to set up the tank.

Maybe a row of 200 or 150 watt heaters?

With a tank that size you don't need a huge filter, unless you're grossly overloading the tank and overfeeding. Or keeping big messy fish like oscars.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Too good to be true or I must have dithered too long. I'm getting no response from the guy. I guess I'm partially relieved -- I won't have to put out a bunch of money right now to get all the accoutrements for this huge tank. One day, I will get a big tank..one day..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store