WTB corydoras paleatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Thank you Debbi. I was going to ask if anyone knew him. But I have been doing some research and most of it says that they are not very hardy. :(

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
<-------Thinks jacki should stick to Mudskippers :D

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
<-------Thinks jacki should stick to Mudskippers :D
I am going to see them tonight! But I have to have a cycled brackish tank first don't I?

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
I am going to see them tonight! But I have to have a cycled brackish tank first don't I?

Jacki,
Your tank does NOT have to be cycled!

They are EXTREMELY ammonia tolerant, as they spend 90-95% of their time OUT of the water!

I bought everything for my set-up, came home & put it all together and 1 hr later, went back & got the skippers.

Just add 1/4 of Ocean salt per gal of water, that's it!!

I have 8 gal of water total in my 40 breeder

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
Hi Redkahuna here I currently keep 48 types of cories in 150 tanks. I have longfins extremely rare cories along with the common types. Here is a small list of what is available now. Albino aeneus,bronze/green aeneus, panda, C.Paleateus both reg and albino. Long fin albino Paleateus, C.Schultzei, C.Melanatonia. I buy many fish from aquabid and also sell quite a few there please feel free to take a look. One of the comments was that people like to buy from people here. I did not even know this place existed until someone on aquabid told me my name was listed here. So I joined today. I dont write much on this computer I am old so this is still foreign to me. But anyway I will be around to talk cories if anyone is interested.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hi Redkahuna, and welcome to AC:welcome:.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Jackie - Redkahuna is A-OK to deal with on aquabid! he's got several auctiions going for these, 6 for $30 including shipping is not a bad price.
Thanks Pink. I decided not to get them. I did some research and they tend to be more fragile and subject to problems than the short finned ones. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
Thanks Pink. I decided not to get them. I did some research and they tend to be more fragile and subject to problems than the short finned ones. Thanks for the heads up though. :)
Hi jackimy I tend to disagree they are a cooler water cory. I have a person in NY that has nothing but Paleateus in his tanks because he does mountain stream fish White clouids and stuff tank temps of 55-60 degrees at times and quick changes. Usually the higher temp cories lasers, sterbia, pandas etc tend to have problems but still pretty rare. Most cories are pretty darn tuff. My breeder group of longfin Albino Pales are 12 years old and going strong. Just my thoughts dont shy away they are preety strong animals.:)

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Hi jackimy I tend to disagree they are a cooler water cory. I have a person in NY that has nothing but Paleateus in his tanks because he does mountain stream fish White clouids and stuff tank temps of 55-60 degrees at times and quick changes. Usually the higher temp cories lasers, sterbia, pandas etc tend to have problems but still pretty rare. Most cories are pretty darn tuff. My breeder group of longfin Albino Pales are 12 years old and going strong. Just my thoughts dont shy away they are preety strong animals.:)
My tank is a little warmer with peppered corys, rasboras and mystery nails. Would it be okay to lower the temp a little? I was going to get some plecos but I think I have changed my mind. Can I put 5 or so mre corys with 10 rasboras and 5 peppered corys and a coiuple of snails? Oops, in a 55 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store