www.fishtanksdirect.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Has anyone ever ordered from this site? I'm specifically looking at the frozen foods (minimum order $50 with flat rate $25.99 shipping on frozen foods). There is a great variety here, and the shipping is not much more than Drs. F&S. I love Drs. F&S (specially since they're only a few hours away=FAST shipping!), but sometimes I wish they had some different kinds of frozen foods (like mussel).

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
No one? Well, has anyone heard of them at least?

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Well, I did some researching on my own regarding one of the foods I saw on there. H20 Life Aquarium Foods. I specifically was interested for the range of foods which includes mussel in bubble packs and clams on the half shell. Being that I have figure 8 puffers, I need these meaty foods, and the ability to get the clams on half shell was really exciting.

I tried to find some other sources for these foods, as I'm leery of ordering from a site that I know nothing about, but the only other sites has less of a variety to chose from and didn't have some of the foods I wanted. I emailed the owner of H2O foods and asked about Wisconsin vendors and online vendors. He recommended calling a place in Milwaukee that could give me a list of vendors in my area. Milwaukee is like 4 hours away from me, and I didn't expect to find any vendors in my immediate area. So, I asked for online sources too, and he recommended Marine Depot. But, that one didn't have the foods that I wanted (at least not all of them).

But, he also said that Drs. Foster & Smith will be getting his products in 2 months! That makes me super excited since Drs. F&S are so great and the shipping to me is really quick (always about 1-2 days) since they are just a couple hours away from me. I can't wait!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
:idea: I recently made my own seafood mix with fish & shell fish from the grocery store, my first time doing live clams :22_yikes: Not as hard or as gross as I thought. It's mostly for my discus but I'll try it out for others before a water change. I did it in a food processor but a grinder might work better depending on the size you want.

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
That would be an option if I could get my hands on those things. It's just impossible to find in northern Wisconsin, unless someone knows a source I don't know.

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Most of what I can find is already cooked, so that's a no-go. I can readily get shrimp, but clams, mussels, etc. can be hard to find in the raw state even frozen. It's all precooked.

I've been able to find chopped up clams at the LFS in bubble cubes, but this is so wispy that my F8s don't even realize that it's food. I did find mussels on the half shell once, but I think it was a special buy as I haven't found them again. I might be able to find some in Eau Claire (the next biggest city to me, about 40 miles soon to be 50 miles away), but I rarely get down there.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:cool: Not exactly in your neighborhood but I've used these folks several times & have been very satisfied.
1. Order online with our secure shopping cart. http://www.petsolutions.com/
2. Telephone toll-free at 1-800-737-3868
3. Fax your order toll-free at 1-800-257-8774
4. Print and mail your orders to:
PetSolutions
802 N. Orchard Lane
Beavercreek OH 45434

Prices are reasonable & cust. serv. is very good. "T"

jrjerin

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Somethingfishyinc in Cleveland had a video about feeding clams one the half shell to his fish. it was a pretty cool video too. I will look for it and post a link to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store