Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Yavie, a Bearded Dragon (Pic HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Terrariums, Paludariums and Vivariums' started by BreellaBlue87, Dec 26, 2008.

1. BreellaBlue87

BreellaBlue87 2009: The year of the Bat

Jul 14, 2009
    I seem to have missed this section of the forums until today. Well, a few years ago after giving up on fishes I got into reptiles, and my younger sister bought me a Bearded Dragon for my 16th birthday. He died a few months later, from what I never learned, but I did learn a lot about Beardies from keeping him. I had become acquainted with a local breeder while buying crickets at the LPS and they told me they were running a sale, beardies with issues for $5 donation to the Girlscouts, a week later i brought home Yavie. A small female who had her tail amputated by the local reptile vet after a clutchmate bit most of it off (it developed infection).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She grew VERY quickly, after a week she had almost doubled in length, always looking, always watching me.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

She always looks best at bathtime
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A matter of months later, she was growing into a beautiful juvie. (behind her, my old 30g, used to be my community tank, ended up being her feeding tank)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the temporary viv I built for her last spring:
    [​IMG]

and here she is, burmating her sweet butt off.

[​IMG]

2. Lil Monster

Lil Monster AC Members

Mar 7, 2010
    cute. I used to have a few of them. I like the 3rd one down. It's a citrus right?

3. Vicious_Fish

Vicious_Fish Moderator
    Staff Member

Seth
    Jul 19, 2017
    Seth
    Nice little beardie! I like her color. So are you including veggies in her diet?

4. powerkit

powerkit Spiral OUT

Jan 31, 2013
    AWE!!!!! she is adorable. Thanks for postin pics!!!!

5. BreellaBlue87

Jul 14, 2009
    That's actually all the same beardie, she's changed her colors quite a few times in her life. Her parents were the following:
    Dad:
    [​IMG]
    And Mom: (on the bottom of the pair, both females BTW)[​IMG]
    Another one of mom, Yavie looks so much like her:
    [​IMG]

The breeder calls mom a Tri Color (their breeding line "EXCLUSIVE" and dad is a Sandfire from Sandfire Ranch (so they claim)

She loves her veggies, and at 5 years old its most of her diet now. She eats store bought till my garden comes to bear in the summer months, and by the time I run out she's already in burmation. She'll take about 25-50 gutloaded large crickets every week or two weeks and sometimes I order silkworms as a treat, which she eats from my hand.

6. Mokomon

Mokomon You can call me Sharon :)

Oct 27, 2009
    Too freakin cute :)

7. katschamne

katschamne AC Members

Jun 11, 2013
    Great pictures. Our males is about 2 1/2 years old. He is just the normal beardie. They have so much personality it's funny. He begs for his food. For something that doesn't speak, he yells very loudly when he's hungry. My beardie eats about the same as what yours does but with an occasionally frozen hopper (usually once a month). Right not he looks like a rhino, because he has a cyst on his nose. I had someone check it out and they said that we will keep an eye on it but unless it is bothering him it might be better to just leave it.

PC260068.JPG

8. BreellaBlue87

Jul 14, 2009
    He's cute! I wouldn't worry about that bump. It doesn't look raw, and as long as he's maintaining a good weight (I use a kitchen gram scale to weight Yavie), his fecal is clean, and the vet isn't concerned I would look at is as a personality mark.

Yavie's got no tail, It doesn't bother me at all. Infact I'm so used to her not having one that I have a hard time compensating for one on the beardies who do! I'll go to pick one up and be like *Whoa* bigger than I thought.

9. katschamne

katschamne AC Members

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with you. It's kinda of cute. If he would have had it when we got him I would have called him Rhino but he's my Buddy. I think that you can see that he's maintaining weight. He's not overly fat like I have seen other dragons but he's normal weight in my eyes. When my husband talked me into him, I really didn't want a dragon but now I can't see not having him.

10. moonstream

moonstream AC Members

Jayne
    Jun 20, 2015
    Jayne
    aw, what a cutie. in the bath pic she looks just like Sid! her mom is beautiful, though unless her dad is in shed he dosnt have that normal bright coloring that sandfire dragons usually have.

no matter her bloodline, she is still a very pretty girlie! here's a pic of my little guy
    [​IMG]