YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kingwintergreen

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
Actually, I think they're in the same family as scorpionfish, sculpin, etc. Their pectoral fins (I think it's the pectorals) are modified suction cups that they use to cling to rocks or seagrass blades. I guess they can be found in some pretty fast moving water. Their similarity to clingfish is coincidental, though, as those guys are (again, I think) actually related to gobies.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com

kingwintergreen

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
thanks

Thank you, snailrider for the pics, those were really good shots. If any of you haven't seen them yet... And, bethkira2000, collecting in your area (Maine, right?) might be fun, because there is some seriously cool stuff there, in the gulf especially-- check with your state DFW to be sure you wouldn't need a fistful of cash for a fistful of licenses/permits (as in the West Coast). I sent a reply to one of your posts in the General Coldwater forum a little while back, its still on the first page; it has a link to a collector in your area who could supply for you cheaply (no permits, maybe not even shipping!) and could get some of the good stuff that can only be reached by divers. (And their website has pics!) Anyway, again everyone, if you find any North American collectors or importers who deal in temperate marine livestock, let me know! Cheers...

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Your welcome, this has me longing for a dive at Catalina Island. I might get a chance to go in January. The salt tank has opened my eyes to what can lay hidden on the ocean floor or cliff.

I am soo much more tuned in now, and have a long way to go. At least I can identify more critters ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store