You will not believe this: Arapaima Gigas in our stormdrain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Thanks Happypoet, Vince, I'm absolutely enjoying it. Lucky to have him swim into the factory, not my house, don't know how I would have dealt with it over there.
It's widely accepted in Asia that fish bring luck, so we're very careful to keep him happy.
Seems some lottery numbers assigned to him did get prizes already....lol.

cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
jm1212, can't wait to start on it, but man it's busy right now with work. Non stop coming and going of trucks, still trying to catch up with all the work from floods.
That's good, for sure, given that many factories went bust or did not even start yet. We're at least in good shape for the coming weeks/months.

Once the first shovel goes into the ground, I'll transfer this thread to the pond-building thread.
Will be interesting to see how that will go.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Just walked outside, our cleaning lady talking and playing with the fish....Absolute funny to see how Mr.T. comes over, she talks to him, strokes his head, moves some floating pellets to his mouth, and he just likes it and keeps steady in front of her.
Amazing fish....

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
For the weekend, a short video, though quality is not that good, of Mr. T. Note how his mouth has healed and looks very clean and good again towards the end of the video.
He's very curious about the camera first, but then finds out it's not food and moves around again.

Anyhow, here's the link: http://youtu.be/6MiK2LBwJXI

Enjoy,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
You guys are going to love this one: http://youtu.be/fVQHSzODVoY

It's a video of our cleaning lady (the 5 yr old...lol)...feeding Mr.T. it's amazing how easy and calm he is getting his food.
Somewhere halfway the video, you see her putting her hand in the water, Mr.T is right below there, getting some patting and stroking over his head and side.
We started digging for the pond also..Hope Monday to start with part of the concrete front wall, then order liner and move Mr. T first before dismantling his temporary pond (stands in the middle of his new pond).

Enjoy the video first..
Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Since Mr. T. is doing good and I am keeping the thread on building the pond on both MFK and here, I think it is time to close this thread and focus on the pond.

Will keep you updated on Mr. T. In that thread, save myself some time as well.
Thanks everyone for your support and advise, hope to see you back at"Arapaima Pond Build".

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Just saw this latest video, Luc. Amazing how well trained he is already! All I could see was the mouth appearing right below the food. Very calm and cool!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store