You will not believe this: Arapaima Gigas in our stormdrain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Thanks Chibikaie, it does make me nervous getting to the factory in the morning. Really need to look in getting a camera on it. Not sure it it would help with all the reflections and dark liner though.
Today feeding prawns again. Hope he happily starts chewing them. Would make for less stress on my part..

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Well, so far so good. He eats the cleaned prawns, gets closer when I splash them in the water, can almost drop them in is mouth. Not much though, after 5 large prawns he turned away.
He is also ok with patting him on the side and seems to be looking better from what I can see from his head.
Will try to make some pictures tomorrow to get a better view of his lips and head. See if the wounds are gone.
Changing water now, pumped out about 50% and running a gardenhose in the pond to top it up.
Will try some prawns again later this afternoon.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
good luck with him, and I hope he eats the prawns :)

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Ok..he is really getting settled its looks.
This morning he was swimming around, still amazing to see his body moving, his fins and tail slowly moving...beautiful.
So, after some swimming, he settled in his corner again, but the moment I splashed with some prawns, he was up within a few seconds, waiting for the prawn to be released.
It's absolutely amazing. Handfeeding so far is going well and he seems to like it.
Touching his side is ok with him, swims away, turns around and gets ready for the next prawn.

His body looks to be recovering from the stormdrain. I think his colors are becoming deeper, more pronounced.
Will need to start serious planning and training some of my staff and put some rules in place.
So far so good. Will keep you all posted and thanks for all your comments.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
will post a video tonight when I'm back home.

Overall, Mr. T is getting used very well. He reacts very well, is curious and so far friendly.
Swimming, lazy on the bottom for a while, might just be waiting for food to show up as that location is right under where I feed him.

Cup of Prawn went in, missing not a single one. Stroked his side a couple of times, he's all happy with it.
Made the movie, he's very gracious coming up, nothing like the wild frenzie I read about. Just comes up, opens his mouth and gulps it in. then slowly moves under again.

I'm just getting a good mood from seeing Mr. T gulping down the prawns...lol...

Video tonight...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store