Zebra danios

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
I have 4 long fin zebra danios. As far as I can tell I have 1 girl 2 boys and one that could be either or. I just looked at the one that could be both and it looks like he has a tiny pair of barbels. Non of the other have them exept for this one. I don't know if its some how food. But is it possible for a danio to have barbles?

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
D. rerio have maxillary barbel whiskers. You will want to get at least two more. they like schools of 6 or more and they will begin to nip eachother if kept in a small group for too long. They are awesome looking fish when they are in big schools. But, by themselves or in pairs they zip around too much to really appreciate their intense color markings.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
Yes. however, they need to be placed in a breeding tank to keep them from being eaten. Once a mating pair forms they will continue to breed and breed. My 2 D. rerio females are gravid around every two weeks.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
Those are spectacular shots! What was the shutter speed setting on your camera? I have not been able to get any solid shots of my blue zebra rerio because they are so darn quick!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store