Zebra danios

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, WOW those are great looking fish and awesome shots. That's a great camera. I paid up for a shock proof, water proof Panasonic Lumix a few years ago and with my gorilla technique, it takes Fisher Price quality pics.

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
Those are wicked good shots. My 4 are still very little so if they have barbells I cant tell/see.
Right now I don't think I have room for a few more danios, but I havnt experienced any fin nipping so far and ive had them for about 4-6 months. Sometime soon though ill try and get a couple more.

Do long fin zebra danios have a big bio load or a relatively small one?

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
D. rerio have maxillary barbel whiskers. You will want to get at least two more. they like schools of 6 or more and they will begin to nip eachother if kept in a small group for too long. They are awesome looking fish when they are in big schools. But, by themselves or in pairs they zip around too much to really appreciate their intense color markings.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have noticed that they do zip around the tank a lot lol, it makes for taking pictures that come out blurry, especialy since I cant get a good one of the one im not sure if its male or female so I cant show for refrence. But I love the little guys, and they do really have pretty markings

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
males and females are very difficult to tell apart you most likely wont know until they mature more or until one of them becomes gravid. Not to be rude but how do you not know the bioload of a species you have been keeping for 4 months? IMO the bioload of the D. rerio is very small considering its voracious feeding behavior, one would expect a higher bioload from something that eats so much but is so tiny. How many fish are in the tank with D. rerio? I would really reccomend getting them more D. rerio budies I cant imagine two more D. rerio creating any problems waste wise if thats what you are concerned with.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store