FS samples of bulk feeds : CNY : FREE SHIPPING

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

VisionQuest78

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
Ithaca, NY
if you haven't already prepped my order, I would like to add some FD earthworms to the order as well.
sure, thats no problem. Im going to send you a PM

hey vision, what else besides the golden pearls do you think is good coral food?
i have the pods GPs and decap, a big ol bag actually haha.
Well the pods and decapped bse should be good too. I think alot depends on what corals you're trying to feed, and its mostly based on size of particles. Except for some of the soft coral species i think almost all other corals are carnivores, so any of the other meaty foods could potentially be great foods. I bet the no carb pellets as is or maybe ground finer could work well,and i also think the meat wafers ground up would get a pretty good feeding response.

And alot of the LPS corals can eat larger pieces of foods. I had a brain coral that would eat whole frozen krill and silversides, and many others that would eat mysis. So really, i think coral and pretty versatile, its just a matter of presenting them with the right sized foods. As long as its meat based, of a high quality, i think alot of the foods we feed our fish could also be used for coral.

If we're talking SPS, then i really think its a matter of the right sized food. The copepods and smaller sizes of GP's should be great(i havent forgot about sending you some of the smaller GP's, i just havent ordered them yet! haha), with the BSE being good for some. And something ground fine enough would work also i think. They can also be tricky when it comes to timing,not just size. Alot will feed much more readily at night, although i think most can be "trained" to eat during the day. You also might want to try to experiment with flow on and off in the tank. I used to feed my reef tank, turn off power heads for 5-10 minutes and then turn them back on. Some things (like my hammer coral) seemed to respond better to low to no flow as far as a feeding response, and other corals need that flow to capture food and feed properly.

I kind of just based that answer on stuff that i have available, but there obviously many more great options. A supermarket with a good seafood selection and a good blender or food processor at home can make for some GREAT coral and fish food. If there was a way to economically ship fresh or frozen foods i would be offering that type of meal as well! Things like Rod's Food are amazing!

So, to wrap this up...lol I think basically anything meaty, and of an appropriate size can make for good coral food.

fishie111

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Ok. Stupid question- if I ordered the meat mania (#14) would I be able to tell which flakes are which?

VisionQuest78

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
Ithaca, NY
Ok. Stupid question- if I ordered the meat mania (#14) would I be able to tell which flakes are which?
Well, probably not. The liver flake and the earthworm look pretty similar, especially when mixed together. When they are seperated and sitting side by side you can tell the difference...the liver flake is more yellowish. But together i think you would really have to scrutinizing to tell them apart. The beefheart flake is a much darker brown color...that you could definitely pick out of the mix. Hope that helps!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Wow they really are earthworms :S... scary how they turn that into flakes.

Also I tried the No Carbs, the clown killies go wild for it.

VisionQuest78

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
Ithaca, NY
48 hour sale!! Starting now Tuesday the 15th, until Thursday night the 17th. I want to move some of this food, and i need to raise a little capital so i can make another order. So, same sale as last time... buy 4 samples and get 1 free. Buy 6 samples and get 3 free.

I am also offering a size upgrade too. I have had many request to offer things in larger sizes. I still dont plan on offering things in bulk but maybe this will satisfy some. So im offering sample sizes 3 times larger than normal, 3 samples for $9.00 and $2.50 for each additional. Thats three times the food for 30% more in price. The sale deal works for these too!

And, im almost out of a couple of things. Only 3 small samples of the meat wafers with spirulina and only 3 of the arctic copepods. The only other thing that is in danger of running out is the Triple Threat Combo, but i made up a big batch of that, and i think i have around 10 small samples of those. I will be ordering more of this stuff along with some new foods soon!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
You snagged me again.. payment sent soon. :D Got to make my 3 choices and I will put it in the paypal message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store