Anyone planning on getting some new marine additions for the holidays?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dapettit

AC Members
May 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
Our 150 has finally cycled and we have moved the occupants of our 29 and 50 over to the new tank. Hoping for some Banner fish!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well so much for my willpower. I've already made arrangements to pick something up today.

I've had my eye on an a small Montopora Undata frag for the past 2 weeks. It was a fair price but more expensive than any other frag I've bought. Well this morning I'm surfing the site of a local reefer with an award winning tank and I stumble upon the photo of an undata that was stunning...and familiar. Come to find out is the parent colony of the frags I've been looking at.

Oh, and to make it even better, the LFS owner was getting ready to frag the frags because they had doubled in size since he has had them. So I'll be getting a medium sized Tryee Limited Edition Montipora Undata for $45. I'm not buying it for the name but for the color and growth pattern...and as a comparison, a small frag of it runs $95 and has a waiting list into mid October from the original source.

If anyone likes it as well...I know where you can get a frag.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Well, let's see. . . . my "replacement" anthias that was in QT kicked the bucket this morning, it never was doing well, hadn't eaten a thing since I brought him home. In return I have a radiant wrasse and a Saddleback clown in QT and I'm going to start a Nano; jut deciding if i want my Amish friends back home to make a stand to match the rest of the furniture or get an already made stand that I don't like.

Yea, and also added in lots of other stuff in the last month with plans to put some Rics in, frogspawn, hammer coral, whatever I can't keep myself from buying.

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Wow Grins. Thats such a pretty coral. Good thing my lighting isn't high enough or else I would be tempted by corals like that and everything else in the coral section.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Wow Grins. Thats such a pretty coral. Good thing my lighting isn't high enough or else I would be tempted by corals like that and everything else in the coral section.
What kind of lighting do you have? I decided to limit myself by the size of my tank not by my lighting! So I have 8 watts PER gallon!!!!!!!!! Yay me. lol

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
What kind of lighting do you have? I decided to limit myself by the size of my tank not by my lighting! So I have 8 watts PER gallon!!!!!!!!! Yay me. lol
I have a 96w PC over my 10G and then 4x75w VHO over my 35G. I should have gone with at least a T5 setup if I wanted to attempt those high demand corals. I really love the look of the blue sps corals. I was thinking of selling off my PC fixture and saving up for a MH/vho combo for my 10G.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I have a 96w PC over my 10G and then 4x75w VHO over my 35G. I should have gone with at least a T5 setup if I wanted to attempt those high demand corals. I really love the look of the blue sps corals. I was thinking of selling off my PC fixture and saving up for a MH/vho combo for my 10G.

You can try a viper light its a clamp on lamp that is perfect for a 10G.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store