diy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Current pros and cons of concrete/foam 3D backgrounds?

Hi all new to this site. I am an experienced aquarist but have been out of the game for several years. So much has changed and so many new thing. I have a 28 gallon cube as a nano reef currently that I am about to completely gut and transition to a fw plant /shrimp /nano fish tank. Since I will...
  2. J

Building an outdoor Subaquatic Vegetation Grow-out Tank

I'm looking for information on building an outdoor shallow grow-out tank for salvaged seagrass. I work for a non-profit environmental organization and we are looking to expand our restoration effort into seagrass meadows. I am looking for information on building large grow-out tanks that will be...
  3. apastuszak

Osmocote Plus DIY Root Tabs

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos showing people making DIY root tabs using a time released fertilizer called Osmocote Plus and 00 gelatin capsules. This got me pretty excited, since it was so much cheaper than buying root tabs at the pet store... Then I learned that Osmocote Plus was...
  4. A

DIY questions

OK so new to the whole planted tank thing but right now that's besides the point. I have a low tech tank so low that I made a diy air/water displacement filter. The output tube mainly puts out air with spurts of water (about 1 gallon per hour). I also want to get make one of those crappy...
  5. laxdude

Linking a 40 gal with a 5 gal

so i have a challenge for the more creative people on this site. I want to link the water of my main tank (40g breeder) to a small 5 gallon fluval tank i'm not currently using. I have a sump filtration system for the 40g and plenty of room to spare for pumps and returns of necessary. I want to...
  6. F

Building a Monster 1019 litres / 269 gal

This thread is going to be about building a plywood monster tank Any tips are greatly appreciated , will report back soon : diy filtration would be greatly appreciated
  7. apastuszak

DIY LED Lights

I've spent the last half hour watching YouTube videos of people building DIY light strips using PVC rain gutter and LED strip lighting. I'd like to try to DIY something myself to replace the aging twin tube 48" strip light I have on my 55 gallon tank. I would like it to grow plants. I have...
  8. B

Emergency DIY trashbarrel sump idea?

I woke up this morning to find that my dresser couldn't handle the weight of my 29 gallon tank. I emptied it out and evacuated the plants and inhabitants to my 55 gallon tank, but now the 55 is home to 3 peacock and zigzag eels, 3 kuhli loaches, 3 swordtails, 3 oto catfish, 2 glass catfish, 1...
  9. mjordan29

125g build

Hey all, after about four years away from the hobby I am back. When I was in high school I sold on here and on aquabid and ran 25+ tanks in my parents basement. Now I am married and missing my fishy friends (told the wife no dogs yet). I self taught myself breeding which consists of lots of...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store