10 gallon journal--L'?tendue sauvage majestueuse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Excellent scape!

That sand bed is a bit deep and it couldnt hurt to take it down to about 2 inches or so.

The plant in the pic appears to be either hygro porto vehlo or staurogyne. Depends on what camp you come from.

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
o, sorry i was just trying to get rid of some plants! i could ship some if you pay postage...lol
What kinds of plants do you have?
The tree idea is pretty neat. If I were you, I would forget about the other plants and just get some dwarf hairgrass to plant around your tree. If you could do a couple more trees like that, you could get a cute little mini forest going. Very neat idea!
Thank you. One of the reasons I have the other plants is because of the bettas. They need their hiding places. :) I might consider doing some other trees though.

Thats a great start for not alot of money :D The plant looks similar to a plant i used to have . It was called Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis'. Does it look kinda like this but smaller in person?
Thanks for the reply! I don't think that is it though. My plant's leaves look like they are coming directly from the ground not from the stem.

Excellent scape!

That sand bed is a bit deep and it couldnt hurt to take it down to about 2 inches or so.

The plant in the pic appears to be either hygro porto vehlo or staurogyne. Depends on what camp you come from.
Thank you very much. I might remove some sand if you think it would look better.

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah

kyle3

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
very creative i like it! i personally like a deeper substrate especially with plants that like to develop extensive root systems. i look forward to seeing your tank mature.

btw- what are your other specs. do you have a plan for fertalizing, etc.?

cheers-K

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
I like that tree idea a lot.. doubt I'd have patience for it though! good job.
Thank you. It is going to take a while. The moss wants to fall off even though I tied it! Hopefully it will attach itself soon!

very creative i like it! i personally like a deeper substrate especially with plants that like to develop extensive root systems. i look forward to seeing your tank mature.

cheers-K
Thank you very much. As far as specs, I have a 15 watt over it now, not much light I know. (I might be upgrading in the future.) Did you want to know ph, hardnesss, etc? If you do, I'll test it later this week. I don't really have much of a plan for ferts yet. I just tried setting up a DIY Co2, but we will see how that goes! I might dose other fertilizer, but I don't know yet. Do you have suggestions?

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah
Looks great! Really like the tree :) Glad you were able to get some driftwood!
Thanks! :) The driftwood I ordered was nice and branchy, but gluing it took a ton of time and effort!

CrimsonBlush

Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
Real Name
Miah

cheers-K
Whoops! I forgot to say my temp is at 78 degrees.

Good news everyone! My DIY Co2 is working yay! I used this as an example: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68834 I'll post photos later!

On a side note, if anyone is interested, this is my plan thread! http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1976929#post1976929

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store