10 Gallon Mixed Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
The tank remains the same but...

I got the frame done.

I made it 36" tall 24" wide and 13" deep to accomodate a 15 gallon if I wanted to upgrade in the future.
I made the stand kind of tall at 3ft so I dont have to bend over as much to see the tank. Hopefully it's not gonna look wierd when it's all said and done.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Well I wasn't happy with the stand, I used a circular saw to make all the cuts and they weren't all the straight/flat...so I tore it apart and rebuilt it, this time I used a chop saw to make sure all my cuts were perfectly flat.
New stand

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
I added a cheap little 3v fan and so far the temp is holding at 82 degrees. It started at 79 degrees 4 hours ago so the heat problem has been solved now to finish the stand and hopefully tidy things up.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Excuse the picture quality, my DSLR battery died so I had to use my brothers camera.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Ok my fellow reefers I need some help on choosing the color of the stand.

On the left is the color the stand will be with one coat of stain and the sealant.
On the right is with two coats of stain but no sealant yet (I have to wait until tomorrow to seal it.)
The sealer is semi gloss so the color will slightly change.
The bottom board is how the stand looks with one coat of stain and no sealant.
And the granite tile will be the top of the stand so it has to mach the color.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Here's both sides with the sealant it's still wet so it's a bit more glossy than it would be dry.
I'm leaning more towards the right side.

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
I like the right side...I'd say go with that!

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
That's what I went with. Tomorrow I'll attatch the skin to the frame and all thats left to do after that it put the trim on and make the door. So I'm hoping by sunday or monday the stand will be completley done.
The only reason it's been taken so long is because I had to wait 24hrs to apply another coat of the stain or sealant and I did two coats of each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store