10 Gallon Mixed Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
I'm happy with my walmart tank for now:D. Plus I want to keep it small because I'm going to try to keep sps without dosing just weekly 5 gallon water changes with reef crystals.

Hopefully everything will look great as it does in my head when/if I ever get the stand done.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
So I went to my LFS to pick up some RO/DI water and and frag. Well that was until I saw "Buy 4 frags get one free" so yeah that's how I ended up where I am now. I'm moving faster than I want to as fas as adding corals but I'm a sucker for sales. Each frag was $20 just incase anyone was wondering.
New Frags acclimating

Browned Acropora (last week the whole thing was brown when I went back this week the tips got some color)

Small frag of pink birdsnest and tiny frag of blue tortuosa

Pink Stylophora

FTS

This pic was taken right after I glued it to the rubble so it's ****ed

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Finally got the stand done and tank moved over today.

New aquascape the old one didn't really have flat spots to place frags. I also had to tear down the whole tank (you'll see why)

I came home to find this (whats left of that tiny blue tort frag) The frag plug wasn't moved or anything and it doesn't look like it came unglued. It looks like something broke or cut it so I removed all the rockwork to look the the tort with no sucess. But I did find a crab which I think is the culprit.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Yea I was bummed when I saw that, but there is still hope, I saw a single polyp extend when I turned the MH off so I don't think it's a complete loss. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store