10g plants, CP?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
How do you keep a nep that big? Do you hang it in a basket? And are the growth rates fast? Cuz that nep sp#1 said that it would be a monster in about a years time

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I've seen them in hanging baskets, I've also seen them in big pots on the ground. It really depends on the characteristics of the plant. For example... n. alata likes to hang on vines while the truncata grows more upright on a stem. Growth rates vary from plant to plant.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
havnt checked in on this thread in awhile. i just dont know what to get and what ill enjoy. next time im around a lowes or home depot im gonna stop by and see if they have anything.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
besides the CPs, what kinda stuff can be kept in vivarium settings, i know orchids but i was overwhelmed when i tried searching them, any other suggestions as well?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
My Lowes only has Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea (a temperate), D. adelae, and VFTs.
oh man, if i find some D adelae than im deffinatly going to buy them.

i have the standard hood for the 10g, and it takes screw in bumbs with a max of 25w. would some large 23w CFLs do a good job of lighting them? and what specs do i need on lights again?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
my only reasoning behind using the stock hood is that it would hold in humidity and temp better than any hood that i could whip up. i could always moddify the hood to put some more light in it however. im thinking of perhaps mounting some million color LEDs for when i run to fogger to add a cool effect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store