120gal Overhaul

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks all for your support i agree with you afro i believe the smell was intense due to the algae covering all the anubias plants and such and with all the dead spots where i had all of that rock in there pretty strong and i was just getting tired of smelling that crap when i walk into the living room. hehehe

Yeah i am like you color i think a scheme may be in order hehehe..

Thanks Kayt whats up love how have you been is your tanks doing ok lately.. email me..

Thanks H3D man i really liked it to but wow hated the smell and especially that funky gravel HATED IT hehehe

well i will keep you guys updated i am out to go get some more sand and more THR maybe a few fish hehehe not..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Oooppss sorry i left out you rbishop thanks buddy..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Thanks all for your support i agree with you afro i believe the smell was intense due to the algae covering all the anubias plants and such and with all the dead spots where i had all of that rock in there pretty strong and i was just getting tired of smelling that crap when i walk into the living room. hehehe
I'm considering a UV sterilizer. I really want to keep plants with my Tangs, but I can't seem to find the right balance of lighting, ferts, or CO2 to keep the algae at bay. I've got 154 watts on the 75, and I've got a hell of a diatom bloom right now. I figured it would happen, but I'm a bit miffed that all my pretty white rocks are getting browner by the hour. I know the diatom bloom will go away in a few weeks, but I'm wondering if maybe I should cut back on the lights even more.
You run actinics right? I know they can cause some serious algae problems in freshwater tanks.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi, Pittbull! Are you using a high quality carbon, at least for a few days, to remove the organics that are producing those odors?

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
You've been very busy! That is one big project--I can't wait to see how it turns out!!:)

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah its not turning out how i expect it just got more sand and some Texas Holey rock in and wow i am going to need some more rock heheehe its a start but i may have to resort to a different rock as a filler but sorta like the extra space.. 120gal lots of extra room..

yep i am using actinics and i use quality carbon in my XP3 i believe i just had to much anubias and algae all over is for the smell it wasnt that bad of a smell but enough to make me say hmm

001.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

just looks so empty i believe i may have messed up but i do have some extra round creek rocks on the larger side i retrieved from Gatlinburg last year, i may incorporate those into the setup and see how that looks..

001.JPG 004.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looking good!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
WHERE did you get that "texas holy rock" at???? it is incredible.. i love it and I would really like some for my tank

any way you could get me some (Ill pay you)?

Or direct me to a place where you got it.. assuming its available in my area

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store